We are about to make some big moves with RealLife English and have based this episode of RealLife Radio all about that.
Also in this episode you are going to learn all about Apollos Hestor’s great speech for a local news station that went viral on YouTube. We’ve even made it into a FREE RealLife power lesson for all of you who haven’t joined the fluency circle yet.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download to Computer on this page (From that page, you will right Click and Save)
Words You’ll Learn
- Rocking the beard
- Stop and smell the roses
- Compare apples to oranges
- Remarkable comeback
- Hall of fame
- Turn over a new leaf
- Set roots
- Packing up shop
- Back in the day
- Crash on our couch
- Off the grid
- Safe and sound
Words to Know
- Scoop up – pick something up with a shovel or spoon
- Blew me away – really impressed me
- Regardless – independent of other issues or occurrences
- Get someone’s back – to be willing to help or protect someone
- Pumped up – to be very excited about something
- Smart ass – a person who makes fun of people by being very sarcastic
- More than I can count – so many times you can’t remember
- Furnished – a house that comes with furniture
- Give it a different spin – do something in a different way or with a different approach
- Marta Sala (Member of Fluency Circle) – See related article here
- High School Football Player Leaves Anchors Stunned After His Postgame Speech –See article
Conversation Topic: Moving to Chile
Question: Different ways to use the word TRIP
- Tip over
- Trip out
- Take a trip
- Make a trip
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: FluencyTeam@RealLifeGlobal.com
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!