Like any other language, English is filled with many slang expressions and rude terms, most revolving around genitalia.
Humans tend to find lots of interesting ways to use the sexual organs to describe how they are feeling, from anger to extreme joy and delight. Although this is not always the most appropriate language to use around certain people, knowing these expressions can give you great insight into the English language and expose you to the more creative side of common colloquialisms.
In this episode of the podcast we are going to explore testicles. All the different ways we refer to these man parts, and how we can use them in everyday speech to reference courage, commitment, excitement and much more.
P.S. if you are easily offended by rude language, maybe you should skip this episode 🙂
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on this link & Select Save.
Learn more about the RealLife Radio Power Lesson course
(40+ podcast transcript lessons with Anki vocabulary file)
Different words/slang for testicles
- The Baby maker
- Meat and two veg, twig and berries
- Family jewels
- The boys
Expressions with testicles
- Nutty/Nuts – crazy/testicles
- Go balls deep
- Grow a pair, grow some balls, balls up
- You don’t have the balls
- That takes a lot of balls / that takes some big cojones
- Balls to the wall
- Break/bust your balls
- Like a kick in the nuts/balls
- Have someone by the balls
- I’m freezing my nuts/balls off
- It’s hot as/cold as balls
- Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey
- Great balls of fire
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email:[email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!