In this episode we talk, and teach you about some of the most popular English slogans, what they mean, and even explain why some of them are grammatically incorrect.
More about our course ‘Fluent with Friends’
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on the MP3 Player Above & Click “Save”
Words You’ll Learn:
- Get a ticket – to be fined or taxed by the police for doing something bad
- Back in action – to have returned after taking a break from something
- Hiatus – a period where you are taking a break
- Bursting at the seams – to overflow, break because an object is too full
- Big headed – to be arrogant and self-centered
- Grow into something – to get accustomed to something, or physically grow so an item of clothing fits you
- To be gifted – to have a special talent
- Refreshing – when something is new and vibrant
- To roll with something – use the initial idea and expand on it
- Catchy – when something become really difficult to forget
- Jingle – a repetitive song used to make you remember a product
- Fine print – the small important writing that is commonly not seem by a consumer in marketing
- A generic brand – an imitation of a famous brand, usually made by big supermarket chains
- I got a craving – I suddenly have a strong desire
- Back in the day – a long time ago, generally with a nostalgic feeling behind it
- Stop your bitching – stop complaining (Learn more about the word bitch)
- Against the norm – different from what everyone else is doing
- Hardware store – a shop that sells tools and construction products
- To dig something – to really like something
- 5 star iTunes Review: I’ve just began listening to your podcast and you are incredible. I love the way you explain things, and your sense of humor. You’re funny and at the same time you’re normal people, I mean not big-headed. I have to listen to each episode more than once, but with you I’m sure I will get better very soon. Many thanks, you’re great! Please keep being like that! Best wishes xoxo – Carmen from Biescas, Spain
- “Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn’t work hard” – Kevin Durant
- I’m loving it
- Finger lickin’ good
- Eat Fresh
- Have it your way
- Once you pop, you can’t stop
- Melt in your mouth, not in your hands
- Got milk?
- Just do it!
- Impossible is nothing
- I’m all in
- Think different
- You can do it, we can help
- Don’t just learn it live it
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
- If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: FluencyTeam@RealLifeGlobal.com
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast!