Ever thought the education system was ‘F’-ed up?
We always have and in this week’s podcast we talk a little bit about what we think is wrong with the way the education system works.
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on the MP3 Player Above & Click “Save”
Words you will Learn:
Kung Pow – type of Chinese food
Roomies – roommates, people that live in the same house
Flatmates – British version of roommate
Fornicate – to have sex
Right hand man – a person who assists you a lot and really helps you
Pun – when a word has two meanings and it has a joke
‘F’ed up – fucked up (bad word) to be messed up or wrong in some way
F bomb – term used to describe the ‘F’ word
Derogatory – insulting or disrespectful
Iterate – quickly learn then change based on mistakes
detrimental – causes damage to something
Flaws – sign now weakness of defect
Mindset – the way in which you think and perceive the world
Regurgitate – to vomit or speak about things that you haven’t even processed
Cookie cutter – a standard size for cookies, or in education making every course the same independent of their intelligence
Ties in – to connect to or be relevant
Have a knack for something – to have a talent for something
Existential – things related to being a human and human consciousness
Standardise – to cause to conform to the normal way of doing
Updated – modernise or bring up to date
Tied to it’s roots – to similar to the old way of doing something
Far flung – from far away
Standard curriculum – to standard materials that are taught at school
New Era – a new period of time
A rabbit hole – an endless hole, usually used in to imply a the there is no end to a conversational topic
Likeminded – people who think the same way
Links and images mentioned in this podcast:
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
- If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email:[email protected]
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast!
- Mumford and Sons with baaba Maal ‘There will be time’