In this episode of RealLife Radio or special guest, Jessica Beck, will debunk (show the falsness) 4 myths people have about the most nerve racking part of all these test… the speaking section!
Learn More about our Fluency Course ‘Fluent with Friends’
- Download & Listen on Your Mobile: iTunes for Apple | Stitcher for Android
- Direct Download: Right Click on the MP3 Player Above & Click “Save”
Some Words You’ll Learn:
- Snow ball – when a situation gains traction, gets bigger
- Blow up – to explode, become very popular
- All ears – you have my full attention
- Wing it – try, or do something with no preparation
- Nail it – to do something perfectly
- Yankee – a person from New York, or sometimes the United States
- How-zit? – how is it? (like saying what’s up in South African English)
- A slip – an accidental mistake made while speaking
- Chuckle – a little laugh
- Freak out – panic, worry too much
- Grunt – making a noise that’s not comprehendible, like an animal
- Swear words – offensive words
- F bombs – a way of saying f#@k without having to say it
- Blabber mouth – someone who keeps talking, or some one who tells other peoples secrets
- Improv – improvisation
- Make something up – to invent a story
- Bump up – to increase a little
- Welcome to the Fluency Circle to all of out new students participating in the Fluent with Friends course.
- Jessica gives a big shoutout to all the listeners from the IELTS Energy podcast.
Kick Ass Quote:
Being yourself is the most important thing! -Megan Ripeno
- Jessica explains to us what the IELTS test is, why you might want to do it, and gives us great tips to prepare for the speaking section of the test.
Connect with us
- Follow us on Youtube: We have hundreds of fun, exciting RealLife lessons!
- Follow us on Twitter: receive daily tweets about phrasal verbs, slang, grammar exercises, quotes, jokes, and music videos with lyrics.
- Like our Facebook Page: receive the daily expressions and other great English tips.
- Join our Facebook Group: join the daily English discussions with tens of thousands of teachers and learners from all over the world.
- If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: FluencyTeam@RealLifeGlobal.com
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast!